I've just been to another planet. One without Facebook, blogging, or email. One where uni-tasking (instead of multitasking) reigns supreme. I have mixed feelings about opening up the laptop again this morning, but I miss you. And vacations wouldn't be vacations if they didn't come to an end, right?
Were I to list all the internal and external events that have filled me up these last 10 days, I'd lose you. But here are a few highlights:
- Uni-tasking with Loretta at the laundromat on account of our broken dryer--reading stories, watching the bright clothes whirl, and doing nothing except being there.
- Sitting in a big circle with 25 amazing women at The Gathering, passing the tissue as we talked about all the love and loss and in our lives.
- Celebrating 15 years of marriage to Yancey with 2 nights and 3 days away. Every moment together was a perfect little gem. I'm not being hyperbolic here. It was a celebration in every way imaginable (including some mountaintop restaurant experiences).
- Exploring the tidepools at Seahurst Park, hearing Wyatt's exclamations echo down the whole beach.
- Going to yoga four times.
And, for Father's Day breakfast, I made Kristina Kringle. You long-timers will remember this was my second blog entry entry ever--without a photo, no less! Here's a better-late-than-never photo, and another plug for this ambrosial, easy pastry that will catapult you to Brunch Fame should you make it.
Thank you Emily, Naomi, Mary, Mama, and Papa for making uni-tasking possible the last 10 days. We are so blessed by your generosity.