Wyatt (finally) got a haircut yesterday. All night and all morning, I'm doing double-takes. Who is that handsome kid? And why can I finally see those big brown eyes?
Got me thinking about the great deal a haircut is. 20 minutes, $15, and you've got transformation. And thinking about other bargains in my life--a little bit of effort for a lot of happiness, perspective, or productivity. Things like:
- Meditation. 20 minutes a day in exchange for the ability to be more present to myself and others.
- A night stand big enough to hold books and flowers.
- Sending or receiving a card in the mail.
- Back-up jars of peanut butter and olive oil.
- Having prints made of photos.
- Remembering people's names.
What are the bargains in your life right now?